AVM Solutions (Kelowna) Inc. is the newly branded name of Kelowna Flightcraft Modifications Ltd. AVM Solutions (Kelowna) Inc. has three principal members each bringing a different skill set to meet your requirements.
Bob Monaghan - President and CEO
Prior to acquiring AVM Solutions (Kelowna) Inc. from the Kelowna Flightcraft Group, Bob Monaghan held the position of General Counsel and Director of Strategic Development with Kelowna Flightcraft from 2000-2009. In this role Bob was responsible for the long-range strategic development, international strategy and group diversification within the executive management team. Bob's previous work experience took place at Fasken Martineau as an associate lawyer in the Corporate Law Group. Prior to that he was employed as a Law Clerk for the Federal Tax Court of Canada and as a Revenue Accountant/Analyst for Norcen Energy Resources Ltd.
Bob completed his Bachelor of Commerce (Finance) at the University of Calgary (1992), obtained has Bachelor of Laws from the University of British Columbia (1997) and obtained his Masters of Business Administration (Honours) from Concordia University in 2007. He currently sits as the past-chair of the Okanagan Economic Development Commission.
Mike Sizeland - Vice-President Modification Programmes
Mike Sizeland started his aviation career by serving as an engineering student apprenticeship at Marshall Aerospace (UK), during which time he attended Hatfield Polytechnic College (HND, Electrical and Electronic Engineering) and later Queen Mary College, London (graduating with a B.Sc., Electrical Engineering). Mike has over 40 years experience in the industry, primarily in the design/integration of avionics and electrical systems into military and commercial, fixed and rotor wing aircraft. Mike has worked for major aircraft original equipment manufacturers and modification centres worldwide.
Examples of past programmes completed listed below:
- Corporate Aircraft avionics/electrical systems design, integration, test and certification on Dassault Falcon 20/50, Gulfstream G1, G2 & G3 aircraft (automatic flight control systems, nav/comm, long range nav, airways calibration equipment, cabin entertainment systems, etc.).
- Commuter/Mid-size Aircraft avionics/electrical systems design, integration, test and certification on Fokker F27/28, Convair CV-580/5800 and Boeing 727 aircraft (as above, plus TCAS mode S, EGPWS/Windshear, etc.)
- Large Aircraft avionics/electrical systems design, integration, and test on Airbus A310, Lockheed 1011aircraft (as above).
- Rotary Wing Aircraft avionics/electrical systems design, integration and test on Sikorsky S-61/76, Bell 206/212, Mil Mi-17/24 helicopters (as above, including 4 axis AFCS )
- Military Aircraft avionics/electrical systems design, integration and testing on Lockheed C-130, BAE Hawk/Harrier, English Electric Canberra/Lightning, Boeing 707 (AFCS, nav/comm, long range nav, special missions equipment, weapons aiming and guidance systems). Completed and qualified as flight-test observer by Royal Aircraft Research & Engineering Establishment, Boscombe Down, UK.
Prior to acquiring AVM Solutions (Kelowna) Inc., Mike held the position of Vice-President Aircraft Modification Programmes at Kelowna Flightcraft.
Steve Davidson - Vice-President Strategic Development
Steve Davidson has more than 43 years of aviation experience including 32 years as a U.S. Army aviator. Steve has extensive experience in aviation research and development flight test program management, airworthiness flight testing, safety systems integration and aircrew standardization. Through Colonial Aerospace Group, Steve has managed long-term acquisition programs for Mi-8/17/172 cargo helicopters to support customer requirements, assisted in product improvement to enhance operational safety on legacy systems while integrating state-of-the-art electronic flight management systems.
Steve currently holds an FAA Airline Transport Pilot-Helicopter (2004910) rating and commercial airplane single/multiengine land, instrument. He is type rated in BV-234, SK-76B, AS-355, BK-117. He also has an FAA Authorized Experimental Aircraft rating for Mi-8/17 and Mi-24. Steve's total flight time is in excess of 13,275 hours including 10,250 multi-engine and pilot in command hours with more than 3,200 hours in Mi-series aircraft.
Steve graduated with a BS in Aeronautical Studies from Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University and is internationally recognized as a subject matter expert in Mi-series product line.